Woodstove Parts, best website to purchase from?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vikestand

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2014
Missurah
I did a lazy search on here but didn't see what I wanted. Where do you guys buy from for parts? I have a Cumberland Gap that needs 5 year service. I need some fire brick, but was thinking of buying full size and cutting them to fit? The two with the holes I will order. Also need some rope gasket. I couldn't for the life of me remember where I ordered from previously.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Yeah I about swallowed my coffee when I saw the brick set price.

I have had good luck in the past cutting my own firebrick using a tile saw. I have some bricks that are not standard size and they are $20 a piece to replace. I bought the standard size bricks and cut my own. Works just fine.

The odd shaped ones from the manufacturer are pumice brick like begreen mentioned above. I cut mine from regular brick.

I too have had good luck at Stove-parts-unlimited.com
They sell OEM parts, which I like.