Woodshed full - not as pimp as Liberators :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Well...I managed to fill the shed over the weekend. I have about another cord or so stacked around the yard. I've already started splitting next years supply, and hope to get 2 years ahead this winter. :)

Attachments

• Woodshed full - not as pimp as Liberators :(
    full shed1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 761
  • Woodshed full - not as pimp as Liberators :(
    full shed 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 767
Looks pimp to me. Are those round things pavers?

Yeah. I had em around to level the pallets that the wood is stacked on. The ground is a bit sloped, which is good for wicking water away from under the shed.

You're doing fine :)

I still am using the "hay, it's "free", was gonna be an ice rink for my daughter and now I need to get rid of it" plastic. It's a never ending roll from 2 years ago.

I'll deal with it when it finally dies , I've got 5-6 pressure treated pallets already, just want to collect some more ;-)

Very nice shed. & x2 cause it's almost full :)
You got room for more up top.
Don't mind the mule, load the wagon!

More of a firewood saloon look! ;-) Hide the bottle out there and the little lady will wonder why you always are hauling wood! ;-) I am envious, I just do the pallet thing...

wood-fan-atic said:
Well...I managed to fill the shed over the weekend. I have about another cord or so stacked around the yard. I've already started splitting next years supply, and hope to get 2 years ahead this winter. :)
Looks pretty "pimp" to me,,,, I guess? I mean I'm not even sure what "pimp" means? Is it legal?
Anyway, it's great lookin woodshed, but Dave is right, looks like you got room to stuff a little more in there. ;-)

Edit: Ever wonder where the expression "Fill it To The Rafters" comes from?
Woodshed full - not as pimp as Liberators :(

Nice looking shed . . . just needs a little more wood to fill 'er up.

Nice looking shed, especially because there is wood in there. Good luck on getting 2 years ahead. You will then really be blessed.

btw, I keep reading this stuff about pimping things. What in Sam Hill does that really mean. Or being viral is another one....or worse, being anal. Really? Being anal? I guess I'm out of touch.

Backwoods Savage said:
btw, I keep reading this stuff about pimping things. What in Sam Hill does that really mean.

In this context is just means cool. I'm sure you know what the real definition of a pimp is.

When I was younger I had a buddy who was really good with the ladies we would always say "man he's like a pimp" there was a TV show called "pimp my ride" which just meant to customize a car and you have "my wood shed is so pimp". :)

You guys are friggin funny. I didnt fill the shed to the tippy-top b/c sometimes the wife(5'4") and son (12 yrs. - 5'6", soon to be 6'6") sometimes fetch the wood from the shed. I didn't want a 10 lb. ugly hitting my loved ones on the noggin! rdust gave a pretty good description of 'pimp', so I wont go down that road. But I'll tell ya- I listen to my son talk to his friends , and I have NO IDEA what theyre sayin! Guess Im just 'old' at 40. :long:

A full wood shed, a very satisfying sight...often times we'll sit by the wood and sip an adult beverage and admire it. Good job wood fan.

So, does that mean I "pimp" my stove every winter? Does the wood go viral? What in Sam Hill am I talking about?! :roll:

About everyone has probably viewed a "viral" you-tube video whether or not you realize it. Defined: A video, image or text spread by "word of mouth" on the internet or by e-mail for humorous, political or marketing purposes.

For example the video of the crazy Phil Davison GOP candidate. This was posted here not too long ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgyi57s-A4

The wife wants me to put lattice on it to "pretty it up". Personally ,I cant see how it can get any prettier, except if I threw some more piecies on top of the stacks! :lol:

Fo' sure . . . BS is off da hook with his phat use of the lingo.

OK, I promise to stop it . . . I have no idea of what I'm saying . . . or not saying. ;)

Edited to remove a word that could be construed as racist . . . didn't realize it had a racist connotation . . . and that's not the way I roll. Sorry folks . . . didn't mean to offend anyone . . . although I didn't hear anyone mention anything about it.

Jake- be careful- he might get all up in your grill!!

Backwoods Savage said:
....or worse, being anal. Really? Being anal? I guess I'm out of touch.

You know... obsessive compulsive about things, like how good your wood stacks look or using a micrometer to ensure that your splits are "exactly" the same length.

I work with 12 year olds and I hear these types of things regularly and they change quite often. What was the "in" word today has become old overnight.

A little more jargon for you:
mad = a lot - Such as, "Yo, he is mad good at skateboarding." Or "We got mad homework tonight." Or in the case of this forum, "Yo, he's got mad wood stacking skills."
you're burning = you just got told off by someone
you got sunned = same as "you're burning"

When I hear a kid use the word mad to mean a lot I often say them, "Why is it/he/she so angry?" They give you that turned head, puzzled look and after a few seconds they realize you're just messing with them.

Oh and firefighterjake, be careful with the nizzle reference, I'm pretty sure that could get you bit** slapped in some places. Or somebody might bus' a cap in yo' a**. Kind of a derogatory word or at least it used to be a few years back. I'm not sure its really in use anymore. I don't think, but it could be.

Jaugust124 said:
Oh and firefighterjake, be careful with the nizzle reference, I'm pretty sure that could get you bit** slapped in some places. Or somebody might bus' a cap in yo' a**. Kind of a derogatory word or at least it used to be a few years back. I'm not sure its really in use anymore. I don't think, but it could be.

Honestly . . . I have no idea what that word is in reference to . . . maybe you could PM me . . . still unsure what it means . . . and if it is offensive I most definitely want to avoid using it . . . even when attempting to be funny.

Fo shizzle, my nizzle = for sure, my n****r (offensive slang for African American).

wood-fan-atic said:
Fo shizzle, my nizzle = for sure, my n****r (offensive slang for African American).

Oh . . . never liked anyone using the N word . . . seems pretty condescending. Thanks for educating me.

Jaugust124 said:
Backwoods Savage said:
....or worse, being anal. Really? Being anal? I guess I'm out of touch.

You know... obsessive compulsive about things, like how good your wood stacks look or using a micrometer to ensure that your splits are "exactly" the same length.

You mean I will have to put my micrometer away? Do I also have to pack up the level and square when I'm stacking?

You know, I love this site. I don't think a day goes by that I don't get a chuckle in some form or another.

Regarding neat stacks, I have a friend that burns and his stacks are as neat as any I've seen on this site. Every piece is the exact same length. I don't think I have two pieces of wood that are the exact same length. If they are, it was purely by accident. Being new to all of this I don't worry about looking pretty. I'm just trying to make sure they won't fall over. Although I did have a couple of compliments on the stacks from the neighbors, they don't compare with others on this site. Maybe I will restack some of my leftover wood and try to pretty it up in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.