Woodpro stoves, good or bad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brucek1$

Nov 21, 2017
Cook mn
Looking at upgrading from my old fisher teddy bear stove to something more efficient and something that has a smaller clearance to combustibles as i just can't meet the needed clearances this stove needs with the current install and i just cant find a good solution to a heat shield that will look good. Been seeing tje woodpro stoves pop up quite about online but cant find many reviews on them. My house is only about 950 sq ft. Im thinking the woodpro 1.6 cubic ft firebox would be about right as it says it heats up to 100p sq ft.

I'd say US Stoves get mixed reviews that tend towards the negative and are not favored over the ones I mentioned earlier. US Stove gets mixed reviews because they're made cheaply compared to the others.
Id have to differ on that. Their latest offerings are pretty good. Iv had 2 stoves so far from US stove. The first stove i had from them was a non EPA stove about 20 yrs ago called a king and it was a waste of time ,2 hour burns ,made heat but ate wood like crazy. Then i got a deal ($499)on an EPA certified small stove called the Country hearth 2000 .For a small space this stove is a real bargain and made every bit as good as my englander. Its about 2.0 CU ft and it does a nice job in a medium size apt i have. Its a burn tube stove just like the englander and burns clean. It also comes in 2 larger sizes.

The country hearth is the one i was looking at, only reason i liked the woodpro was that i am tight for room for the clearances and i saw it had 12 inch clearance with single wall, but i noticed the century manuel states that with double wall pipe its clearance is 7 inches how does that work

The country hearth is the one i was looking at, only reason i liked the woodpro was that i am tight for room for the clearances and i saw it had 12 inch clearance with single wall, but i noticed the century manuel states that with double wall pipe its clearance is 7 inches how does that work
Double wall pipe does not get near as hot on the outside. as single wall. That is pipe clearance ,stove clearance should be the same no matter which pipe is used.

Last edited:
Woodpro stoves, good or bad? I would also consider this smaller summers heat(2000SF) model. I have the largest one(2400Sf) and i love it. Even the smaller sizes have the large viewing glass that sold me on the stove and englanders sterling reputation. Im sure you can find one reasonable ,i only paid $720 for my 2400Sf model ,off season price..

Last edited:
This is a picture of the clearances for the century stove for single and double wall pipe, the letter A is the measurement from back of stove to wall and the letter D is the measurement from back of stove pipe to wall. I thought the stove had its own clearance and never changed?

Attachments

• Woodpro stoves, good or bad?
    Screenshot_20171214-125450.png
    54 KB · Views: 247
We have a US Stove Company APS 1100 in our dining room. Running it for the 4th season and happy with it. No issues, throws out a lot of heat. Perfect for a space under 1500 sqf.
Woodpro stoves, good or bad?

This is a picture of the clearances for the century stove for single and double wall pipe, the letter A is the measurement from back of stove to wall and the letter D is the measurement from back of stove pipe to wall. I thought the stove had its own clearance and never changed?
One reason for this may be is, when you move the stove closer to the wall the pipe goes with it.

Yeah, not saying everything is negative with them, but over the entire product line I don't think they get the positive reviews other brands get.
Probably made in china ,but if your on a budget i got my 2000 for $499 blower fan included. A very capable stove in that size category. As long as you dont go for their NON EPA model (if they still sell it). Their boxwood stove is pretty bad too. All their EPA stoves seem half decent.

Reactions: yooper08