Wood stove that is 27 inches or lower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jenna373737

Nov 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Looking for a free standing wood burning stove that is max 27 inches in height. And also somewhat reasonable at $2,000 and under. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Last edited:
Where is the stove going? In a fireplace? Choices have been reduced this year. In the past, the Jotul F100 and the Hampton H200 & H300 with the short leg kit would fit this requirement. Sounds like an insert territory now.

Where is the stove going? In a fireplace? Choices have been reduced this year. In the past, the Jotul F100 and the Hampton H200 & H300 with the short leg kit would fit this requirement. Sounds like an insert territory now.
I am placing it in to a existing fireplace. I think I definitely chose the wrong year to get a free standing! Thank you though

Maybe put in an insert without the surround?

Reactions: semipro
MF Fire has two wood stoves that are both under 27" (Nova and Nova 2) when used with the 3" leg option. We have a Nova and absolutely love it. I have seen them post several pictures of people installing the Nova/Nova 2 in their fireplace. www.MFFire.com

Jotul F602 is short too. Short leg kits take 3 1/4” the listed height if my memory serves me correctly.

Lopi Answer might be under that height as well.