Wood Pellet Delivery in the Lehigh Valley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

Jan 10, 2014
Northampton County, PA
Anyone know if there is a company in the Lehigh valley area that delivers wood pellets with one of those trucks that can blow it through a 4" hose into a hopper? I have seen these on the web, mostly in the New England area and since I am in the market for my third stove It would be great to have it delivered directly into my basement.

DBCooper thanks for the reply. I just came upon their website late yesterday. I called them, but have to wait until Monday to get more information from the right person. They do in fact deliver pellets in bulk this way, just need to confirm the price and if it's still cost effective.

Let us know if it is worth it. Also how are you going to move the pellets to your stove? Just pail and scoop or another way? I am close
to you in the same county....would love to know. Thanks,

No, but there are plenty of COAL TRUCKS!!!!! Twice the btu's per pound and twice the btu's per heater!

I use bulk delivery and it cost about $40 more per ton than bagged pellets.

I use bulk delivery and it cost about $40 more per ton than bagged pellets.
That's unreal!!! More money for no bags??? Then you run the risk of it sitting in a damp basement and turning to mush.

Let us know if it is worth it. Also how are you going to move the pellets to your stove? Just pail and scoop or another way? I am close
to you in the same county....would love to know. Thanks,

My house had an old coal stove in the basement with a small door that gave access to the coal chute from outside. Inside the basement is a nice dry area where the coal was stored and from there shoveled into a hopper that fed the boiler's auger. It would be nice to convert that area for pellet storage and have 5 or 6 ton delivered from a truck with a 4" hose like they have in the New England states. From there I would just fill a 5 gallon bucket and hand carry it to the soon to be three pellet stoves.

That's unreal!!! More money for no bags??? Then you run the risk of it sitting in a damp basement and turning to mush.

That's what happens when there's no competition. Fortunately, my basement is dry and I run my boiler year round since I use it for DHW.

Status
Not open for further replies.