Wood Furnace Fixed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
I just wanted to say WOW. I rebuilt my wood furnace this summer due to a badly warped baffle and the channel that held the baffle on. I didnt realize how much heat was going around the baffle and up the chimney. I use half the wood I was using for nightime and I am getting longer burntimes. And with the baffle sitting right in the furnace, the heat holds better and it burns much cleaner. I wish I had a digital camera, I have a tiny little fire going between a few pieces in the back, no smoke from the chimney and the whole house is about 77 degrees. Im a happy camper! I also replaced all the firebrick, new flue pipe and I got new shaker grated last year. I'll be good to go for a long time.

Congrats Laynes. When I rebuilt our 602 I was amazed how much better it worked than before. It's a nice feeling. I think that's great bringing new life and efficiency to the old furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.