Wood Coals Pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

black smoke signals

Feeling the Heat
Nov 6, 2016
Wyoming Colorado
I find interesting pictures staring at the fire. Can you see an Owl? Post your pictures

Attachments

• Wood Coals Pic
    A041653A-88E7-4739-976D-82852B02AD13.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 306
Very clearly a barn owl, I'd say. Thanks for the picture.

I don't have one to offer in return. It was 85 degrees in my neck of the woods today. I think it's going to cool off enough this week that we may need some heat. We'll see.

Ok, that is really cool. Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the moment either, but I'll try to get one.

Not coals, but a split from splitting a few years back. Posted this once a while ago, it disappeared for some reason.... I'll let you decide what you see...

Attachments

• Wood Coals Pic
    SAM_1769.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 241
Kinda like clam boat wood.

Wood Coals Pic
Not coals, but a split from splitting a few years back. Posted this once a while ago, it disappeared for some reason.... I'll let you decide what you see...
Looking outside the firebox my wife found this while hunting I’ll let you decide what you see.

Reactions: saewoody
View attachment 215356
Looking outside the firebox my wife found this while hunting I’ll let you decide what you see.

Those two pieces of wood are definitely meant to be together. Hilarious. Never seen anything like it in my years of wood cutting. Either that or my mind is elsewhere unlike others on here...lol!

I see the devil himself/herself in my coals. Pardon my political correctness if it offends you...:)

Attachments

• Wood Coals Pic
    SCAN burns.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 140
Wife calls it bow legged cowboy