WONDERFUL - installers didn't install baffle right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wojowojo16

Nov 25, 2019
Maryland
Just had a Pacific Energy Neo 2.5 Installed, and the installers did not install the Baffle Properly. Been burning about a month, and first stove with Dual Stage Burn, so didn't notice or know what to look for. I did notice I couldn't turn stove down ALL the way or it would die. The other day my wife while looking at fire noticed Baffle wasn't sitting Level, it had fallen off 1 side slightly up top. Did some googling and realized they sat the baffle in place, but never lined it up to the Air Pipe in back and lifted it onto it. Fixed it the following morning - its quite a different stove now.

The "pin" was just sitting in the slot on the baffle, was still 1/2-3/4" away from back of stove.

Correct Install -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, that will make a pretty big difference all right.

Good lard! !!! "The best help minimum wage can buy!" ;hm When all else fails, read the manual. ;lol
Is that an LE model? Are they still using that flimsy fiberglass gasket to seal between the baffle and the air supply tube?