With Great Sadness... I’m leaving my Blaze King behind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darktower007

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2018
Chattanooga
Well... we’re moving in 5 days to the country about 20 miles away. 6 small acres 1/2 wooded. Bad news is the buyer wanted the Blaze king and paid extra for it. I live in Tennessee which.. isn’t terribly cold albeit it’s 19 degrees tonight.

What really sucks is the house we’re buying has a tiny chimney 17’ or so and a small opening for a fire place. I’m gonna look into extending the flue pipe if possible for draft and redoing the hearth.
Worst part? My 1.5 cord 3 year seasoned white oak stays behind.
With Great Sadness... I’m leaving my Blaze King behindWith Great Sadness... I’m leaving my Blaze King behind

• Wow
Reactions: Indianawood
I feel your pain. I am planning to move in a couple years and will be leaving behind 18+ cord of seasoned 3+ years Hickory, Red Oak and Beach. Brings tears to my eyes. :(

No way! This is a glass half full moment. Have you seen how well the new princess 32 did on the epa tests? I would love to get a new one.

Leaving wood behind is tough but that’s just fuel. Very replaceable. Immediately replaceable with manufactured wood like NIELS.

My very first action moving to a new place is to order a grapple load and start cutting/splitting. That gets me 2+ years of wood. Then Hopefully the local area will support my scrounging addiction. Probably have to deal with one year of no burning before it starts to get seasoned.

When I moved last year I also moved 7 cords of firewood. No way was I leaving all that hard work behind, I had too many other things to do and no time to process firewood. I did leave my stove behind but knew it wouldn't fit right in my cabin corner install.

Reactions: tabner
I would LOVE to move my wood. Just worried about the rules moving firewood out of the local area, maybe across state lines.

It’s going to suck for sure.. but this time I’m building a large in closed, 3 sided shed for my fire wood. 3 wooded acres so I can get started soon on seasoning wood for their 3 year nap.

I switched form BK King in 2018. It was sad to give way 6 cords of Ready to Burn Wood. Went Harmon XXV. Had the Bay and 2 Rows in back when I switched. Wife's Niece got free heat for couple of years. I aways end up with 1 cord by Summer from Fallen Trees. But pellets sure are easy compared to dragging in Firewood.

Attachments

• With Great Sadness... I’m leaving my Blaze King behind
    IMG_1811.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 145
    IMG_1812.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 139
    DSCN1350.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 140