Windhager Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Homestead Auntie

Nov 18, 2020
Michigan
Hello all, first post and hoping someone here can offer direction. I have a windhager biowin 260 that needs parts, but the dealer in michigan doesn't have them and apparently he can't get the USA distributor to get back to him. (3 weeks now) I could go on and on but really its futile to harp on what I cant control. So I need a shake-out motor and a spur gear for the motor. If anyone had a dealer that I could contact that might have parts in stock that be great...thanks in advance.

Never heard of that stove but, other than weldments (physical build), 99% of the parts will be either off the shelf available components or assemblies purchased from other manufacturers. I suggest perusing a supplier like McMaster-Carr or Grainger Industrial for drive components.

Thank you for the info....the units are made in Austria and I have an email sent to Momma Windhager but not confidant I will get a reply. I will reach out to those companies you listed. Thanks again....

I take it this is a central heat source, not a pellet stove and I see it's designed to run wood chips though I imagine pellets will work.

I'm pretty experienced with commercial biomass wood chip fired boilers (look at my avatar picture). That is a Hurst biomass (wood chip) Scotchback boiler of the 250 horsepower variety.

Wood chips have some inherent issues here, too much trash for one and odd sized chips as well as really no suppliers.

Might work in the EU but not really here.

It is actually a pellet boiler system. Here is the link, if you are curious. When it works it is pretty amazing...when it doesn't you are at the mercy of a teeny tiny group of repair people and a single distributor. Again....thanks for checking in....remaining hopeful.

Already perused their website. Nothing groundbreaking there, just a simple gasification system in a fancy cabinet.

Four or five years ago some people were talking up the Windhager Biowin boiler on this site ... maybe some of them will find this thread shortly and contribute. I had bought a Harman boiler a few years earlier and was kinda jealous of all the gee-whiz technology.

IIRC, a shop in central Wisconsin was a dealer at one point. A forum member named Karl_northwind was affiliated with them IIRC. Here's the name of the shop and other info:
Northwind Solar
578 Allen St
Amherst, WI 54406
Ph: (715) 630-6451
Fax: (715) 952-4501