Wife likes it hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

aansorge

Minister of Fire
Aug 12, 2011
Southern Minnesota
I was gone for five days (down in Texas) and my wife was in charge of the stoves. I told her just to keep the Blaze King going and let the furnace pick up the slack during this cold snap ( today the high is negative 9!) but she kept both going. One day I called and she had the house up to 85! A different day, 83! The woman knows how to get these stoves cranking!

Sounds just like my wife. She likes it warm as well and says she wants it warm when I get home from working outside all day. Could be worse house could be cold. That's a good girl there.

My wife also likes to keep it stupid hot when she's home with the stove. I was cutting some oak last week and told her to get her and the kids butts outside to earn their heat ration. ;lol

I get my wood stove going and it will get in the 80s in that room. High 70s in next rooms , then low 70s at either end of the house . Wife will be in the stove room with a blanket curled up on the couch . She puts wood in the stove , but by no means does she really tend it .

I will give my wife credit she will help stack and carry wood. The last time I hauled wood with my tractor even my little 4 year old girl helped stack it in the garage.

My wife does help stack some but she can't stack too high or it tweaks her left shoulder. I actually cut, split and stack all my uncle's wood too. I am a teacher and have summers off so it gives me something good to do.

My first date with my wife was looking for antlers...the second was cutting firewood! I figured if she could keep up then she was a keeper!

Been together 11 years and she still helps with the firewood.