Why buy a new door when all ya need is the glass and divide lites?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
The nice steel side door 🚪 that goes out to the deck from the kitchen is on the south side and gets sizzled by the sun! Therefore it was only some time about 35 years before the external divide lites got so brittle they broke like a pretzel!! I paid $159.00 for it and to put in a new door with paint and labor is big bucks!! :-(
Thanks to Big Jim’s Home Center on S Main St in Concord NH it was cheap & easy!! They are so knowledgeable too! He said there are 2 sizes and I had the larger one 24 x 38 9 Lite The selection was amazing! The same one with exterior lites $68 or the upgraded with the lites in the glass for $128 or the upgraded for with the lites in Low E glass for $150 which is the one I got. This may keep the kitchen cooler and last longer than 35 years too!! It took about 10 whole mins for my daughter and I to popped this baby in!!
Buying a new door with paint and labor would have been a lot of money 💰!!!
Big Jim’s saves Big Doe$$ :)
New door at Lowes now $358 with reg glass and external divide lites!
IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4171.jpeg

Last edited: