Whitifeld advantage plus will not start.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dave1959

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland
I have inherited a Whitfield advantage plus stove , not shire how old but for arguments sake let’s say early to mid 90’s..
when I hit the start button both fans come on run for a few seconds and then shuts down, sometimes it will be 1-2 seconds, sometimes 20-30... I have come to the conclusion that it is the control board.. anyone care to ad any info...

My stove did that too.
For a few years, I could unplug the stove and wait about 20 minutes , plug it back in and it would start normally. When I plugged it back in I would hear two clicks from the control board and I knew it would start fine, it I only heard one relay click, it wouldn't start and I would try again.
This season, I couldn't get it started, no matter how many times I tried, so I bought a new control board. There is a company making new Whitfield control boards, they are cheaper than the new-old stock ones that were around when mine first started acting up.

Here's a link to where I got a new control board. https://pellethead.com/product/whitfield-advantage-series-control-circuit-board-oem/

Reactions: Ssyko