Whitfield Traditions - Combustion Motor/Control Board Readings Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flysar

Dec 19, 2012
I have been struggling with a used Whitfield Traditions stove for the past 5 years and today I took some multimeter readings that I hope might help me narrow down the problem.

I would appreciate feedback from other Tradition owners with their measurements.

Combustion Motor Ohms at the motor connector = 21 ohms, service manual states 9-14 +/- 4 ohms is normal

Combustion Motor AC Voltage taken at the control panel behind the lower access door;
- Starting volts - 50v
- Normal operation volts - 41v
- Shutdown volts - 58v

I believe my Combustion motor may be failing because of additional resistance but then again if the control panel is faulty and not providing enough volts to the motor then it doesn't matter if I install a new combustion motor.

If I have to replace both I'll probably just replace the stove.

Hopefully someone with this stove will see this and can give you a better idea on troubleshooting ... good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.