Whitfield Quest - is it worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brianpauli

Oct 30, 2019
Granbury tX
Hello. I have a question as i have never owned a pellet stove. I have done some research but dont know anything about a whitfield quest. this one is for sale for 500 but it says there is a small crack in the brick which im going to try to post the pic of it. What can you tell me about this please and with the crack does that have to be replaced? I appreciate all the info very much.

Attachments

• Whitfield Quest - is it worth it?
    00i0i_el7xzl0ibl4_1200x900.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 270
    00Y0Y_CoWEPwBBkp_1200x900.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 175
    00Y0Y_irU4lIg8AKX_1200x900.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 206
Short answer is yes. I have been using a whitfield quest since 1995 or so. The stove has been very reliable and only a few replacement parts over the years. I burn about 1.5 tons a year. The stove does burn better with good pellets. It doesn’t like cheap or high ash pellets.

Do a search on this website for quest you will find several good posts about the stove and how to clean it.

Long answer is yes the quest is a great stove that will last many years.

Rick.....

Not sure what happened I had a second post where I stated the crack in the firebrick would mean the bricks would need to be replaced. The firebricks are easy to replace and wouldn’t stop me from buying the stove.

Hello
I like the Quest Plus Stove a lot but if it was just a Quest then I would not bother with it. :cool:

Reactions: Overfireinthehole