Whitfield Pro-32

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieO

Nov 14, 2014
Olympia, WA
Okay so my stove is acting weird. I clean it all out and start it up, but it only runs for about an hour or so and then it shuts down. The photo eye is always covered in soot so I clean that before starting it each time. I clean it with a shop vac. Any suggestions?

Sounds like its having an air issue. Removed the brick like panels and cleaned the ash traps? Oiled the exhaust motor if possible? Cleaned the rest of the exhaust venting with a brush? Whats the flame like? Dull and lazy or sharp and bright? Welcome. Theres plenty of Whit owners as some models are simple and hard to beat.

Sounds like its having an air issue. Removed the brick like panels and cleaned the ash traps? Oiled the exhaust motor if possible? Cleaned the rest of the exhaust venting with a brush? Whats the flame like? Dull and lazy or sharp and bright? Welcome. Theres plenty of Whit owners as some models are simple and hard to beat.

Yes, I have cleaned out the ash traps. The flame is strong and bright.

Only thing I can think of is possibly the door seal as the stove warms its loosing vacuum and not drawing air threw the pot bottom and slowly the fire starts carboning and clouding the eye and shutting down. But that's a WAG. I replace gaskets as soon as the show signs of compression or wear. Cheap and easy project. Hope someone else can chime in with some other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.