Whitfield Advantage Plus Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

65fl

Dec 17, 2011
Sedalia, Colorado
So the room blower on my stove is howling so I need to replace it again.

Looking at https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.co...rts-advantage-plus-fs/distribution-convection I have 3 choices.

The original blower lasted a long time even though it wasn't oiled often as my wife wasn't consistent with maintenance. When I came into her life 10 years ago I took over maintenance and oiled the motor once or twice a year depending on usage. That blower eventually died so I replaced it a few years ago with a Fasco blower which is supposed to have sealed bearings and be maintenance free. A 3 year life span doesn't seem very long and I don't want to purchase another cheap part that fails quickly.

Should I go ahead and pay the extra money for the OEM version? Will it last longer, does it have oil ports?

Perhaps my expectations are wrong and 3 years for a blower is normal. Perhaps I was unlucky and just got a blower destined to fail quickly. The stove hasn't seen heavy usage for the last 3 years, we run it about 10 hours a day, 4 days a week.

So what do you think, which blower should I get?

Honestly i dont see many motors built like they were even 10 years ago. I would hope that a 200 dollar motor would last at least three yrs but all the mfg’s still shave quality a bit for profit. I dont buy the oems, i source out an equivalent and stay in the middle of the road. I wont buy the 65 dollar fly by night fit everything blowers.

Call to see if they still have oil ports on the OEM motor.

Search around, you may find what you need at a decent price. Some of these motors are identical to OEM because the motor manufacturer sells them to anyone.

Bill

I replaced my 18 year old Advantage II room blower.. original ... it runs just about 6 months straight every year. I was replacing the exhaust and room this Oct., just due to age. Keeping them as a spare. Got an "official" FASCO, paid a bit more then others. My old one was was still silent.. this new one not so much. It has quieted down over the past few weeks. Sealed bearing. As the other person said the motors can be from FASCO, the other parts could be from where ever. I bought a replacement auger couple of years ago for some $60, lasted only a year. Was noisy from the start. There are a few places to buy good pellet stove parts. Maybe you just got a bad one. At least better then my I year auger, and really only 5 or 6 months of use.