Whitfield Advantage II - Very dirty fire and trim buttons question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NS Medic

Hearth Supporter
Jan 18, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello all, I've been trying to figure out why my stove won't burn well. It produces heat, runs fine etc. but there is a terrible build-up on my glass quite quickly. I run a Harman Accentra-2 upstairs and in my mother-in-laws and they go for weeks before there is really any amount of buildup on the glass. With my Whitfield, I clean the glass, clean the ash pot, vacuum out the stove in the morning, then light the stove and by the evening the glass is covered. I've tried adjusting the combustion trim button on the circuit board, it's one of the newer touch button ones, and played with the damper control all to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Also, on the circuit there are four buttons in the lower right corner. The only reference I could find for them was the manual on hearthtools. On page four of the manual it says "On the lower right face of the board access for voltage checks is provided. (See pages 13 for trim ranges.)" The only reason I'm curious about these is the reference to trim ranges and also if it allows me to check the voltage going to the fans so if I have to troubleshoot anything in the future.

Thanks for any and all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.