Whitfield Advantage I schematic?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
They probably exist somewhere, but not to be downloaded freely on the internet. Trust me, I've been searching for a schematic for my 1998 Whitfield Quest Plus for many years with no luck.
A couple of questions:
Do you have the serial number of your Advantage I ? ( Model years: 1985-1989 and the s.n. in the range 1001-7400)
What issue do you have with the stove? Maybe it can be fixed without the schematic.
Could you post a couple of pictures of the control?

Last edited:
Model WH86646
serial 40027301 rev c
DOM Oct 1990
I have re-capped the board a couple years ago. The pellet feed (heat output) switch needed to be de-oxed but I am not sure of the placement of the contacts inside (they fall out freely, unlike many other switches I have seen) so I sort of just took a stab and belive I got it right. The stove seems to work ok for that but the blower speed is funky.

Attachments

• Whitfield Advantage I schematic?
    20201019_071815.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Your stove has to be an Advantage II-T based on the number WH86646 you provide. This is good news, since the control board then should be of the newer improved type without the three custom hybrid circuit blocks making it impossible to repair, if/when they fail.
Good idea replacing the caps. At an age of 30+ years they are prone to fail.
Most components should be standard types. If the blower control is unstable, a worn potentiometer is most likely the cause.
Is your control board similar to this? Potmeters, contacts and all?
12055902MF-3__00132.1493889846.jpg
12055902MF-5__36332.1493889847.jpg

If you don't have the service manual, I'll be happy to send it to you.

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted.

Yes, it is very similar, almost exact. Please send the manual. Much appreciated! Thank you.

Your stove has to be an Advantage II-T based on the number WH86646 you provide. This is good news, since the control board then should be of the newer improved type without the three custom hybrid circuit blocks making it impossible to repair, if/when they fail.
Good idea replacing the caps. At an age of 30+ years they are prone to fail.
Most components should be standard types. If the blower control is unstable, a worn potentiometer is most likely the cause.
Is your control board similar to this? Potmeters, contacts and all?
View attachment 265196
View attachment 265197

If you don't have the service manual, I'll be happy to send it to you.

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted.

Yes, it is very similar, almost exact. Please send the manual. Much appreciated! Thank you.

The manual should now be available for you in the conversations section on this site.