Whitefield or Lennox t300 photo eye questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

llidisky

Dec 24, 2013
Ozark mo
Everyone. I have a used stove found. It's a traditions t300p seems to be in good condition but current owner doesnt know anything about it. I have read some people saying stay clear of Lennox. Others like them. Could you offer me some insite? The photo eye sensor thing worries . Here's a pic of the stove

Attachments

• Whitefield or Lennox t300 photo eye questions
    Screenshot_20181030-173628.png
    476.4 KB · Views: 128
I think the stove is an eye pleasing design.I know nothing about the heat output potential.I have seen little bad reports about this stove.I dislike Lennox(and Harman) because they do not release info for people to repair stoves themselves,but,being older,the info is now on the net.The optic eye has been addressed for many years,and can be addressed/changed over by simply converting to a simple snap temperature switch.

Reactions: Ssyko
I owned that model for about 6 years. Deep glossy black. It was nice on eyes, but a nightmare to keep clean. it has hidden passages behind it to clean, very tough. It also always clogged up the burn pot with certain pellets. Sometimes I had to clean it daily, and scrape burn pot 2 times a day or it would clog and overrun the pot.

I went to a P-43, and never looked back.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I owned that model for about 6 years. Deep glossy black. It was nice on eyes, but a nightmare to keep clean. it has hidden passages behind it to clean, very tough. It also always clogged up the burn pot with certain pellets. Sometimes I had to clean it daily, and scrape burn pot 2 times a day or it would clog and overrun the pot.

I went to a P-43, and never looked back.
Great info,hope this helps him(her?) out.