Which woodstoves have an automatic thermostatic air control??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld Bill

Feb 5, 2011
Maine
I was disapointed to find that the VC Defiant I just bought is NOT a thermostatic control but just a manual air shutter adjustment. My old 80's Encore is supposed to be a automatic t-stat control I believe & seems like I remeber the old Defiants or Vigilants having an automatic t-stat control on the air. Any other stoves out there with this feature? Is it to prone to problems?

There was a thread on this a few months back, the Blaze Kings do but I think there was another stove that had one also. There a pretty simple device so they work pretty good. Did you type thermostat into the search bar?

Our Encore cat 2550 stove has a bimetal coil on the primary air control lever that's supposed to adjust the intake air shutter via
a cable. It's not very effective because the coil is thermally isolated from the firebox temps by a massive cast iron air
plate and the primary room air flows over the coil, negating its usefullness.

Wyld Bill said:
I was disapointed to find that the VC Defiant I just bought is NOT a thermostatic control but just a manual air shutter adjustment. My old 80's Encore is supposed to be a automatic t-stat control I believe & seems like I remeber the old Defiants or Vigilants having an automatic t-stat control on the air. Any other stoves out there with this feature? Is it to prone to problems?
Are you asking if they have a thermostatically controlled blower or air intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.