Where to find 5x8 5/8 direct vent pipe??!?!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sparky13

Jun 3, 2024
Oregon
So I’m building a new fireplace wall and ended up moving my existing heat n glo 6000trb out about 10” from where it was before and I am having the damnest time finding any 5x8 5/8 vent piping. I’ve been scouring every website and forum and there’s only a handful of people even talking about it. I usually don’t post on forums but I really don’t know what to do at this point. If you guys have any answers or recommendations I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Heat & Glo switched to DVP 15+ years ago. I’d say your best best is to contact a local H&G dealer & ask them if they have any lying around. If they don’t, ask them to contact you if they have scheduled any complete tear outs of older units. Since an older unit may have what you need. Ask them to contact you when the project is scheduled. That being said, I seem to recall that someone made an adapter to go from 5x8-5/8 to DVP, but I could be mistaken… It’s been awhile.

I went to a fireplace store and asked about it and they called a guy, and he called heat n glo directly and they said they ran out of any parts they had for that size a few years ago. Crazy to think I have to get a new fireplace just because of the venting is unavailable, but it is what it is.

I went to a fireplace store and asked about it and they called a guy, and he called heat n glo directly and they said they ran out of any parts they had for that size a few years ago. Crazy to think I have to get a new fireplace just because of the venting is unavailable, but it is what it is.
It happens all the time unfortunately