Where there's smoke, there's fire......and gassification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McKraut

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2011
South Central PA
Where there's smoke, there's fire......and gassification

Just a very quick thank you to everyone that has helped me directly, and indirectly, through this forum. I have been helped more then I can say. Free advice that is good is getting harder to find. I'm sure I will be back here in a day or two asking for more help, but in the meantime --

Thanks again

Bob

If you're ever driving by Fulton County, PA, stop by and I'll buy you a beer, or two.

Thats a pretty sweet boiler barn ya got there Bob.

Thats a pretty sweet boiler barn ya got there Bob.
Well, thank you.
I was very happy when my wife told me I had to get the boiler out of the house. She knew I'd been itching to build something.
I brought down 3 big pines and a poplar (for siding) and had a neighbor come and mill the logs. I've always admired timber-framing so I decided to timber-frame the building. Since the kids are gone, I got to do all the work by myself (my wife was ground support). I love manual labor and building things - it is the way I keep my sanity. I was quite pleased with the way the building has turned out. Now I've got 3 year's worth of firewood crammed in there. Some day I may actually take a day off and relax.

Bob

Reactions: BoilerMan
Ya need to fix up your signature space - remind us what ya got.

(Don't be shy to show it :) )

Yeh, I had a problem with it yesterday. It kept telling me I was using too much space, so I deleted most of it. I will try to fix it.
I'm just trying to get by being quiet and shy...

Yeh, I had a problem with it yesterday. It kept telling me I was using too much space, so I deleted most of it. I will try to fix it.
I'm just trying to get by being quiet and shy...
It's the new fourm, we are all supposed to have short sigs :mad:

TS

Hopefully if there is gassification, there is no smoke.

Reactions: flyingcow
Smoke came first, then came gasification, then came a warm house.

Sorry...only 1 "s" in gasification

very nice man cave, how much wood is 3 years worth?

The last 15+ years I burned between 5 to 7 cords a year. I use 128 cubic feet as my cord measurement. I figure I squeezed in about 25 cords in there. As long as the global warming keeps helping me out, I think I'll be good for at least 3 years.

Bob

Thank you. Brevity is not my specialty. Except this time. Well, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.