When and where...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OPtaylor

Nov 25, 2014
va
I of course am still new to this pellet burning thing, but it seems like all of you experienced people buy and stockpile your fuel ahead of time. Where and how are the best places to do this and do you ever have any moisture problems with pellets that have been stored for lengths of time?

Store them right and you will be fine. Mine are in a barn up on skids covered in a tarp in case pounding rain gets between the 150 year old wood slats. There are spring and other early season sales. Toughest thing I have found is almost none of the pellet dealers in my area are listed online. Also some of the oddest places sell pellets. My first 2 tons of Lignetics came from a local masonry building supply store. Stores like Country Max have early buy in with storage on their site so you can pick up at your convenience. If you know any other local pellet burners (ask around at work and such) ask them too.

What stove are you running?

Store them right and you will be fine. Mine are in a barn up on skids covered in a tarp in case pounding rain gets between the 150 year old wood slats. There are spring and other early season sales. Toughest thing I have found is almost none of the pellet dealers in my area are listed online. Also some of the oddest places sell pellets. My first 2 tons of Lignetics came from a local masonry building supply store. Stores like Country Max have early buy in with storage on their site so you can pick up at your convenience. If you know any other local pellet burners (ask around at work and such) ask them too.

What stove are you running?
Timber Ridge 55-TRPAH

Make sure you research the pellets that are available during the sales. Don't end up with 4 tons of crap pellets. Some stoves will burn anything (Harmans, mine, and a few others) but some won't. Asking and searching here and online other places will help a lot.

Please include it in your signature so you won't keep getting asked for it saves time all the way around.
Help! Been trying to figure where I am supposed to put that info.........which section do I enter it?

Upper right, mouse over user name, click signature.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
My pellets are all stacked up in my baesment. I put 6 tons down there quite easily and could probably squeeze in 4 more if I wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.