Wheat burning, St.Croix Lancaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deardorff

Oct 5, 2014
North Dakota
In our area I can get a full grain bin of wheat for what it costs to haul it in from neighbors farms.
Vomitoxin has them dumping wheat as they can't sell it.
The crop guys and agronomists say burning it won't give off anything harmful, any more than burning unaffected wheat. Some of the grains have not nutrients - which is what vomitoxin does to the wheat.

Any changes I need to make in burning wheat? Also, can I mix it with corn and be OK?

Have neighbors here in North Dakota farm country dumping tens of thousands of bushels because of this. In addition wheat and corn prices are down a lot from the past few boom years. Not a good year for the farmers but with low prices to free wheat for burning this winter will be one of less expensive heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.