What's wrong with this picture?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lml999

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2013
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

What's wrong is that my Enviro 1200 is in the garage, not installed in this fireplace. :)

Backstory -- 3 years ago we moved, and along with the Enviro 1200, I dragged several cords of nicely seasoned firewood to the new house. (Old house was sold to a builder, who bulldozed it.)

Life happens, and my wife just gave thumbs up on the installation yesterday. So...we should be up and burning by mid-January. Hooray!

(Yea, and we have a water issue...which will also be addressed during the installation...)

View attachment 253779

What's wrong is that my Enviro 1200 is in the garage, not installed in this fireplace. :)

Backstory -- 3 years ago we moved, and along with the Enviro 1200, I dragged several cords of nicely seasoned firewood to the new house. (Old house was sold to a builder, who bulldozed it.)

Life happens, and my wife just gave thumbs up on the installation yesterday. So...we should be up and burning by mid-January. Hooray!

(Yea, and we have a water issue...
Also, no burn marks on the carpet.
The water put the escaped coals out immediately. ;)
Keep us updated on the install. I guess the Enviro is an insert..?

Reactions: Mech e
Keep us updated on the install. I guess the Enviro is an insert..?

Yep, it's an insert. We used it in our last house for about 6 or 7 years, paid for itself several times over with savings on oil.

Looking forward to firing it up again!

Don’t feel bad. When I bought my first house I got an end of year deal on an NC-13. It sat in the garage for 4 years while other projects took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its obvious what's wrong...no fire!

Spent some quality time with the stove last weekend. Sanded the top and the bottom shelf (that protrudes below the door) and then gave it several coats of stove paint. Looks a lot better!

Liner is getting installed tomorrow. As soon as the stove is in, and the town sends an inspector, I'll be burning again! Maybe this weekend!

Liner and insert installed today. Inspector is coming tomorrow to sign off on the permit. As soon as his pen hits the paper, I'm striking a match. :)

Still need to deal with some cosmetic issues (covered in another thread...)

Reactions: Gearhead660