what to look for in professional sweep job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
New stove earlier this year, burned several green ash fire this spring always laid a scoop of trisodium phosphate while charcoal's glowing. I have three fires with10 mons seasoned ash and temp in the 400+ range, again, always followed a scoop of TSP on the tail end of the burn. I probably won't need cleaning until the end of this season in spring. Thinking ahead when the sweep comes out to do the job what should he be covering?

It varies on the specifics of the system. Post a couple pics of what your set up is maybe?

The sweep should be cleaning your flue and appliance, noting overall condition and any obvious deficiencies or code violations.

For best results have your ash cleaned up and firebox empty. I usually request that but sometimes I forget, other times the customer forgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.