What the heck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodyIsGoody

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2017
Pacific NW Washington
My new Blaze King Chinook 30 came with an instruction card from Crossroads Coatings for the initial firing to cure the paint. It instructs to burn 400F for 45 minutes then raise the temperature to 600F for an additional hour.

The bottom of the card contains a phone number (1-800-280-2423) instructing to contact Crossroads Coatings with any questions. I called to ask where on the stove the 400F and 600F reference temperatures are to be taken but I got the strangest recording ever. Go ahead and try it. It's like nothing is real anymore. It's all fake. I checked Google and that number is associated with Crossroads Coatings so I don't think the number on the card is a typo.

First I got a survey (unrelated to paint or my new BK woodstove), then I pushed "0" to try to get a real person and got a Verizon commercial, pushed "0" again and got AT&T commercial. Never did get customer service. Customer service? What's that? This is America 2017. We don't care about you. "We're very excited to tell you about a special promotion for select callers!"

I guess I'm a "select caller" so I've got that going for me...

Reactions: James02
That is weird. FWIW We're all select callers the moment they have you on the line.

Quick google turned up this info.

208 BUCKS INDUSTRIAL PARK RD, STATESVILLE, NC 28625
Toll-Free: 888.308.9426 | Local: 704.445.7647

Quick google turned up this info.

208 BUCKS INDUSTRIAL PARK RD, STATESVILLE, NC 28625
Toll-Free: 888.308.9426 | Local: 704.445.7647

Yes, thanks. I'm sure I can contact them, I'm just wondering why they abandoned the customer service number included with my new stove. Or maybe they decided to put the number to more profitable use. After all, there's no profit in customer service.

Funny, I dialed the number and got "you have reached a number that has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service."

Maybe you misdialed because I'm still getting the same crazy line. Try the one quoted above.

Nope, same number same message.

I don't doubt the message you are getting (it's happened to me before) but I promise when I dial the lady on the recording is telling me it's no longer in service.

Try calling Hearthstone. You will only get a machine there as well.