What size door gasket for Drolet Austral Stove Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chuck the Canuck

Feeling the Heat
please help me. Drolet doesn't seem to want to tell me the gasket size and I'm desperate to get in in and installed tonight...........

The part number is AC06100. The website has the complete parts list on the linked page I posted. Call around to local Drolet dealers which are also listed on their website. Looks like there are several in Fredericton.

The part number is AC06100. The website has the complete parts list on the linked page I posted. Call around to local Drolet dealers which are also listed on their website. Looks like there are several in Fredericton.
Thank you BG.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Thanks again BG. I was able to scoop up the gasket kit at a local stove shop, along with some good advice on applying said gasket properly (prep is always key isn't it)... Unfortunately, I only experienced this emergency gasket failure this morning, after fully loading the stove (it's cold up here). I had to shut down the Austral with magnets covering the secondary inlet and fully engaging my pipe damper (the inside of the pipe was registering in the high 600's Celsius)... I was able to tame it completely (thank you Lord) in a short bit of time, but I have only myself to blame, as I figured that the gasket was going when I had to start using the pipe damper a bit more than usual... I guess I was hoping it would hold until the spring time when the stove wouldn't be running full out.... what a dufus; I didn't even have the sense to order the bloody gasket kit and have it handy for when I needed it..... I can't do anything tonight as the stove is still smoldering with some nice coals just below a cover of ashes. Probably get it done tomorrow night and then hopefully have her back online Friday after work... In the meantime, I'll have to let the heat pump shoulder the load for a couple of days, which can get expensive.... Let this be a cautionary tale.... Cheers

Reactions: Lone_Gun