What model of Jotul is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickneyman

Nov 3, 2015
Saskatchewan
I am looking to buy a Jotul wood stove. I was going to buy the model F3CB, because of my space. But a Jotul has come up for sale just 15 minutes from my place, price is good, but the guy couldn't tell me what model it is because the heat shield is covering the nameplate. From the pics it looks bigger then I am looking for, but if I knew the model I could check out the specs.

What model of Jotul is this? What model of Jotul is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it could be an older F400 Castine. Usually you can tell by the baffle.
It's lower than the top of the opening & you can see the top of it when the doors are open.

It may be a one of the Firelight models. There usually is information on the back heat shield. Do you have this stove in your possession or are they photos that were posted?

It's an older castine for sure.
They've since changed it over to a single door. Looks like it's in good shape!

No, these are pics off kijiji. He posted it for sale last night, he told me some dimensions but not the model number. He bought a house and the stove was
It's an older castine for sure.
They've since changed it over to a single door. Looks like it's in good shape!
Thanks, I found pics of the older double door models after you guys mentioned this. I went ahead and ordered the f3cb as I first intended because this one was just a bit bigger then where my wife will let me put it. I told the guy he should have no problem getting the $600 that he's asking. He has never used it since buying the house, and he moved here from Ukraine and had no idea what to sell it for.

Wow! For that price I would have bought it anyway and then sold it for a profit... :)

i think you will be pleased with the f3cb. i have one i've used now for 3, going on 4 seasons. very easy to operate and reliable. its pretty forgiving too if your wood isn't the best. i use it for about 1200 square feet for my upstairs living space. i have a second stove, a large PE Summit downstairs that i seldom use unless it really gets cold, which it seldom does here in southern maryland. my only negative on it is that the burn time is a little short but its a smaller stove so i can't really fault it. our schedules allow filling it every 8 hours so it doesn't often burn out and become cold.

i think you will be pleased with the f3cb. i have one i've used now for 3, going on 4 seasons. very easy to operate and reliable. its pretty forgiving too if your wood isn't the best. i use it for about 1200 square feet for my upstairs living space. i have a second stove, a large PE Summit downstairs that i seldom use unless it really gets cold, which it seldom does here in southern maryland. my only negative on it is that the burn time is a little short but its a smaller stove so i can't really fault it. our schedules allow filling it every 8 hours so it doesn't often burn out and become cold.
I'm glad to hear that you stove is working great for you. I can't wait for the call that my stove has arrived so I can start using it. When I was a kid I grew up with wood heat, but that's a long time ago now, and I finally decided on setting one up. I have lots of land and over the last 15 years every time I've had to take down a big tree, I've always bucked it up and filled old buildings cause I didn't want them to rot to nothing. Finally I will stop giving away my wood and use it for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.