What make/model wood stove is this? (looking at real estate)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newatthis

Aug 28, 2014
Charlottesville, VA
What make/model wood stove is this?  (looking at real estate)
I could not find any identifying logos on this wood stove at a house we are considering buying. Appreciate any help.

Wow! Any opinion about this stove? Both handles are not right, I couldn't even open the front door.
They were very good stoves for their day. And can still function pretty well but there is much better stuff available

There is likely a plaque on the back, left side (viewed from the front) telling the model number.

I think it's a cat stove; I see the probe on top. The cat might need replacing.

I had a similar one, with a split door. Nice for its age. But as said above, much better stoves are available now

Reactions: newatthis
There is likely a plaque on the back, left side (viewed from the front) telling the model number.

I think it's a cat stove; I see the probe on top. The cat might need replacing.

I had a similar one, with a split door. Nice for its age. But as said above, much better stoves are available now
Thank you for this- where can I get a replacement cat, as well as handles?

i believe the handles are fine, you just missing the little tool that goes into them, early safety device

MidWest Hearth is my go to cat place. That's who I would contact with the measurements of the cat you need.
Either you have to take the cat out (take the plate off the top and take it out - careful, they are brittle - and measure), or you have to know the exact model of your stove (see plate on the back) and MidWest can tell you what you need.

The cat might still be okay - no way to know unless you burn it and look at what the temperature probe does. They are consumables though, and mistreatment will ruin them.

The handle - I don't think they are being made anymore. Either you have to find one - there is a for sale and wanted section on hearth.com, or be lucky and find something on facebook or ebay or so, or you have to have one made.

Thank you for this- where can I get a replacement cat, as well as handles?
First, determine the model number and the condition of the stove before investing deeply. It looks like a model 2460 which is a guess based on the single door and other details. If the air tube or baffle (turbulator) is burned out, it may be hard to find replacement parts.