What kind of wood is this ? ( Free on Face book market )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lakeside

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 6, 2009
Mike's World
I saw this tonight. I am stumped ? The red is throwing me off.
What kind of wood is this ?  ( Free on Face book market )

American Red Gum?

I saw this tonight. I am stumped ? The red is throwing me off.
View attachment 229767

I’m not too far from that either. Also saw the ad. Word I got is that it is mulberry. Apparently a great firewood. Did you get it? By the time I got more information I had heard the ad was down already. I don’t know myself because I’m not on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought maybe Mulberry & that the picture just created a more red hue than I am used to seeing, usually a dark brown after exposed to to air. The 2 chunks with black look like trunks that rubbed together. Lots of times the larger trunk forks start leaking sap/water and get what’s looks like black grease/oil running down the trunk. Pic #1 Mulberry, on the left has been cut about 8-9 months & on the right cut about 2 months, Pic #2 fresh cut Mulberry.

Attachments

• What kind of wood is this ?  ( Free on Face book market )
    C610E633-0350-48BB-81BD-156422B53B9F.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 248
    1852DBA3-39C1-401C-BF37-90511792250E.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 256
Here’s a pic of a Mulberry tree leaking/weeping. After looking at the original photo a couple more times I don’t believe that is Mulberry but I have been wrong before.

Attachments

41068164-AC5A-4BE3-9E71-766728927118.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
My guess is freshly cut alder. But I’m probably wrong.