What I've burn so far..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
LG was my first burn nice pellet smells nice

NEWP hard pellet tan bag, everybody likes them clean not much ash. Don't seem real hot though.

And Dragon Pellets, wow these pellets rock I could tell right away real hot and clean. smell nice.
Don't hear much about them on here. Think they may be close to okies?

Still got lignetics and Rocky Mountain left before I'm in Pig pile pellets in basement.

Really love trying new pellets. My wife things i'm nuts I was telling her here smell this!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Dragon Mtn pellets are made by Pinnacle out of BC. Formely known as NEWP Green Supreme manufactured in Palmer, MA. The pellet is very similar to Okanagan. Just about identical burn characteristics.

I burned two bags and could not tell the difference between Okanagan and Dragon Mountain.

In my area, Okanagan's are easier to come by, so that's what I purchase.

Honestly, it's a coin toss between both brands.

Pellet Guy said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Dragon Mtn pellets are made by Pinnacle out of BC. Formely known as NEWP Green Supreme manufactured in Palmer, MA. The pellet is very similar to Okanagan. Just about identical burn characteristics.

I burned two bags and could not tell the difference between Okanagan and Dragon Mountain.

Yup Pinnacle in BC is the company, Dragon Mtn is just a name I would think.

Very impressed by them though wicked hot!

Pellet Guy said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Dragon Mtn pellets are made by Pinnacle out of BC. Formely known as NEWP Green Supreme manufactured in Palmer, MA. .

NEWP was not the manufactor, They just rebagged bulk pellets purchased from Pinnacle.

Just FYI.

Fish On said:
Pellet Guy said:

Yup Pinnacle in BC is the company, Dragon Mtn is just a name I would think.

Very impressed by them though wicked hot!

BTU sent me a Biofuels seller in Berwick ME that was supposed to have Okies. He did not at the time but was going to get in Dragons. He never did get the Dragons (as of 2 weeks ago). Too bad, I wanted to try them out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.