what is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhdude

Oct 21, 2020
USA
recently bought a house with the wife ! this behemoth of a pellet stove was in the hearth.
Does anyone know what model or brand this is? we were unable to find a serial # or branding. very odd...
I'd like to get rid of it for a smaller stove that fits into the hearth better. Any idea on the value of this monster?
thanks total newb here!
what is this?
what is this?
what is this?
what is this?
what is this?what is this?what is this?what is this?

It's an England Stove Works model about 20+ years old, single auger bottom feed positive pressure burnback prone junker. Might be worth a couple hundred to a tinkerer but it's in bad shape and wasn't properly cared for.

Think I'd take it to the scrap yard and call it good. Motors are probably froze up and I bet it's a 2 knob control board too.

Unless you are extremely handy and know your way around an ancient unit, I'd either loose it or put it on CL for almost nothing and maybe, just maybe someone will buy it, but I seriously doubt it.

You don't really want any positive pressure unit anyway. Just too big a chance of a hopper burnback which can burn your house down.

It's an England Stove Works model about 20+ years old, single auger bottom feed positive pressure burnback prone junker. Might be worth a couple hundred to a tinkerer but it's in bad shape and wasn't properly cared for.

Think I'd take it to the scrap yard and call it good. Motors are probably froze up and I bet it's a 2 knob control board too.

Unless you are extremely handy and know your way around an ancient unit, I'd either loose it or put it on CL for almost nothing and maybe, just maybe someone will buy it, but I seriously doubt it.

You don't really want any positive pressure unit anyway. Just too big a chance of a hopper burnback which can burn your house down.
I believe you are wrong,flip. That is not a 25-pfs.

That looks like.....a HUGE job! Personally I’d take it on.

well the thing is we don't really want a stove of that size, sounds like more trouble than it is worth too. I need to research more about what brand/capacity would fit into the hearth space we have. thanks for the information.

As to the value, what does it weigh and what is scrap going for these days?

As to the value, what does it weigh and what is scrap going for these days?
About 250 pounds and call your local scrapper and find out the price per pound.

Reactions: fmsm