What is this piece?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattsradt

Nov 21, 2021
Washington
What is this piece?

What is this piece?

There are a number of pieces there.

Here's what you're looking at:

It appears you're talking about

Finish Support - Square (6T-FSP)
Dripless Stove Pipe Adaptor (6T-DSAC)

I'm sure different brands call their products different things. Your heat shield plate is more than just trim. It holds all of the chimney weight.

Your single wall should slide up over the piece coming down from the ceiling.

Male end always faces down to allow any creosote to return to the stove.

Reactions: clancey
Im just worried that the single wall pipe wont slide over since the drip pipe isnt crimped at the end. Two female ends dont work. When I took it apart the male end pipe was inside the drip pipe. Thus the two single pipes were upside down, thus the creosot and water ruined the base of the pipes.

Your single wall should slide up over the piece coming down from the ceiling.

Male end always faces down to allow any creosote to return to the stove.
Bingo!!! That was the issue. They put the male end inside the drip pipe and I tried to repeat the process and destroyed 2 pipes trying to get it all to fit together.

Im just worried that the single wall pipe wont slide over since the drip pipe isnt crimped at the end. Two female ends dont work. When I took it apart the male end pipe was inside the drip pipe. Thus the two single pipes were upside down, thus the creosot and water ruined the base of the pipes.
The whole pipe you show is smaller diameter than regular single wall pipe so you can slide it right inside the next pipe as far as you need to.