What is this pellet stove tool?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

worthydaydream

Jan 19, 2018
Albany, NY
Sorry if this was posted before.
I'm not even sure what it's called... to search.

I bought a house with a pellet stove, this tool was hanging on the stove, it looks nicely worn like someone at some point... knew what it was.

But I have no idea.

UPDATE: sorry for the lacking communication, the label of the stove inside the hopper, says WarnockHersey model P24FS.
When I googled I found sites saying WarnockHersey doesn't make pellet stoves and it's probably a 'Breckwell' To the best of my knowledge it's a 'Breckwell P24' except it has legs, not the uni-stand like you'll see if you google 'Breckwell P24'

I will try Jhawknseattles suggestion tomorrow, it might be used to clean the burn pot holes. So far I was using a chisel to remove any stuck bits... but that doesn't get in the holes. I'll certainly give that a try and see if they fit.

Attachments

• What is this pellet stove tool?
    20180117_231735.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
What kind of stove? It might be a tool the previous owners used to pull the pot or ash pan, pull the heat exchanger tube rod. But it looks like an old woodstove door handle to me.

Welcome Day Dream

Probably a homemade tool for whatchamacallit kind of stuff!

Make and model of stove may assist other's here in identifying possible uses.

Bill

looks like a slotted attitude adjusting tool.

FINAL UPDATE:
It was bugging me, so I contacted the previous owner, supposedly, "That tool is for cleaning the heating tubes. Pull the rod back and forth a few times. You will see ash falling off the heating tubes."