What is this! From my Regency F3100!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

boxerdogheidi

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2010
eastern ontario canada
What is this! From my Regency F3100!

It isn't part of the stove

Was some scrap wood burned in the stove?

Its a baffle support rod maybe?

No it is not part of a 3100

Is it a new stove? Maybe left in their by dealer by mistake.

Looks like ball bearings and bearing cups.

Reactions: begreen
You never know what you will find buried in a tree. They'll grow around anything.

I remember there were a couple miles of old fenceline on my grandmother's property where you would pretty much expect to find barbed wire somewhere in any tree you cut down, because they used whatever was growing there as living fencepoles once upon a time. I've also found chain in trees a couple times, which can be exciting. Oddly, chainsaws are no good at cutting chain... ;lol

Reactions: bholler
you just spurred my memory! I threw an old rolling pin in yesterday. I had 2 extras taking up space in my drawer.
:eek:;lol Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. A first in my book. Now you have me thinking. Hmmmm. Wife is at work.... What can I burn instead of arguing about getting rid of! Tooooo funny!

Reactions: EbS-P
I looked up rolling pins, but the newer ones have sealed ball bearings and looked different so thought no, can't be that. Ends up it must have been an old one.