What does it mean?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means SWMBO will be miffed again this year cuz we didn't go out for new years.

It will mean that Mike's stove didn't screw up and my house is still here.

It means that im at my BIL's house, and he has the internet. Its weird not being connected for a week.

BrotherBart said:
It will mean that Mike's stove didn't screw up and my house is still here.

<chuckle> finished out my golfing year today , shot 70, (but lost money) group i played with is pretty strong , we played a 5 some and had 15 birdies between the group. got home a little bit ago and started a pot of chili for tomorrows bowl games, my turn for the munchies , i made sure there is plenty of pepsid on hand. (its just a smidgen on the hot side;) hot chili and chips usually is a hit at the holton house. anyway , hope you have a happy new year BB along with the rest of our hale and hearty members. "cold beer , hot fires, and non-existant gas bills for all.

Means... some of us will survive the night. I'm of Irish extraction, we call NYE and St.Patty's Day amateur night. Thee have already been some horrible accidents and deaths from drunk drivers. So a Toddy at home is better than an adventure on the road.

Besides, where could you find a better set of friends to spend the evening with and when your tired to say "Good Night" and log-off?

Well - I'll probably not be here at the New Year's moment - so in case I'm not... just want to say best wishes to all for a happy and healthy and prosperous new year to all.

-Todd

This is really bad - 11 PM in the east, and a normal size crowd here. Actually, the entire site is pretty busy, judging by the google ads clicking. In fact, for some strange reason, the ads are paying me more (per) today.....supply and demand, I guess.

I told Webwidow - face it, we're old now. We don't have to go out all day and night and party. Instead, let's cook up some of that comfort food - meaning superb Phila homemade pasta (frozen) and Rosellis marinara sauce (the best) from our old hometown of Medford NJ.

Tell you the truth, the holidays wore me right down, with out of town guests and dinner parties and other such things. I'm always happiest when I have some tools in my hand and am concentrating on something (just came in from the shop).

I made french-bread pizza. Had a big cheese-n-cracker plate with pesto, roast beef and keilbasa and now the honey is fast asleep on the couch, snoring and farting. No party hats here---just the noisemaker. Never been the type to 'get happy' by the calendar and wish it would snow already so I can get on with hibernating.

9:15 here and it's quiet. An hour ago the fire sirens were whaling, but they do the EMT calls, hope it's just some excited revelers. Things are calm. A time to reflect. Thanks for the time I have had with the group and that I can still step into the next year.

It's still early out here on the left coast but we're staying in too. Don't like being out on amateur night, especially in a town with no taxi service. Besides, I partied enough for a lifetime and am happy staying home with a nice warm fire. Wishing you all a safe, prosperous new year and always hoping for peace.

I won't have a hang over in th a.m.
just waiting for the wife to come home from her
job as a nurse so we came watch the ball drop
and bump in the New Year ;)

Happy New Year to all!!!

I live in the older part of town. I have a homesteaders house(1875) with all the land around sold off for commercial use. I own three feet on one side of my place and the building takes up the rest of the property except the parking. I now have mostly hispanic neighbors and a lot of southeast asians. Last year a 11:30 PM the gun fire started, hot rod rice eaters ran until three AM. Cops have been busy cleaning things up, but it is the New Year. It has been 90% quiter this year, hope it stays that way.

My wife is also passed out on the couch, fire burning very nice, and the dog is doing all the farting! Happy New Year to all!

I'm in Seattle, so I still have a while.

Means I woke up on the couch sweating my arse off, and its too gawd dayum hot in the living room.
Happy New Years, bah humbug or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.