What are the internet co selling liners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Bb if you have your ears on or other members
Please supply links to companies you bought your liner kits from

A phone call just came in asking me If I want to install a stove, that cross-section of the clay flue requires a liner.

I was wondering as to what the kit cost are and delivery time (6" flex liner probably 20-25')

To me work is slow and I hope to get a decent day's pay to install the stove. I have to look at it in a few minutes, to checkout
what is involved.

I bought the last one from Chimney Liner Depot. I wouldn't recommend the guy I bought the first one from.

Chimney Liner Depot is at:

http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com

elkimmeg said:

A phone call just came in asking me If I want to install a stove, that cross-section of the clay flue requires a liner.

I was wondering as to what the kit cost are and delivery time (6" flex liner probably 20-25')

To me work is slow and I hope to get a decent day's pay to install the stove. I have to look at it in a few minutes, to checkout
what is involved.

I'm still waiting for my ventingpipe.com order to ship, its now backorderd from last week. I can't say I suggest them if you need it in a hurry.
Someone else had good luck with them, not sure when that was, but as of right now, my order still has not shipped and is backordered. I am more than a lil pissed at this point.

Hogwildz said:
elkimmeg said:

what is involved.

I'm still waiting for my ventingpipe.com order to ship, its now backorderd from last week. I can't say I suggest them if you need it in a hurry.
Someone else had good luck with them, not sure when that was, but as of right now, my order still has not shipped and is backordered. I am more than a lil pissed at this point.

I once tried ordering a trim ring from them - after two weeks, I gave up - e-mailed them to told them I didn't ever want it. Never even got a reply. I never even got through on the phone to them. I don't recommend them at all.

-Colin

Holy sh-t, its shipped finally. UPS called asking if a tractor trailer would make it to my house. LMAO I said ummmm, NO. Unless its 10 wheel drive with super swampers.
So now driver will call when 1/2 hr from me and I will meet him to take the delivery. Sheesh. Almost there LOL. Delivery now set for this Thursday, we shall see.

Rockford General Store off of ebay. I purchased a 25' ss liner with all caps and shields for $384.99. received it in 3 days! No probs here. Hogwildz...I amy beat ya to the install man!!!!

Hart's Hearth seems pretty reasonable and the stuff I bought from them arrived in a week.

Fist-o-Fury said:
Rockford General Store off of ss. I purchased a ss ss liner with all caps and shields for $384.99. received it in 3 days! No probs here. Hogwildz...I amy beat ya to the install man!!!!
lol, THAT YOU MAY, THAT YOU MAY. lol
I emailed that guy you got yours from. Good communication & price. I am using Dura Liner double wall for everything above the smoke shelf. Ventingpoop.com was the only online dealer I found. Tried 3 local shops, and non carried anything in stock, and didn't even order other than flex.
I am going overkill, but I want what I want. All done & said its about $400-$500.00 more compared to an insulated flex system. I went for it.
It will be here Thursday, Installing this weekend. So u best hurry up! LOL
Good luck with your install man.

Todd said:
Hart's Hearth seems pretty reasonable and the stuff I bought from them arrived in a week.

Checked that site, IMHO that guy was one of the most expensive. Out line in my book. Thats just me though.

BrotherBart said:
I bought the last one from Chimney Liner Depot. I wouldn't recommend the guy I bought the first one from.

Would have bought from these guys if they had what I wanted. All they had was Rhino Rigid single wall, and would have still needed to wrap with Insulation.
Shame, they are about an hour north west of me. Good pricing too. Prolly get the piping from them when I get to the Englander freestanding.

Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:

Would have bought from these guys if they had what I wanted. All they had was Rhino Rigid single wall, and would have still needed to wrap with Insulation.
Shame, they are about an hour north west of me. Good pricing too. Prolly get the piping from them when I get to the Englander freestanding.

They are good folks. Shipped the same day I ordered and I had it the next afternoon.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:

They are good folks. Shipped the same day I ordered and I had it the next afternoon.

I believe ya all the way. I was surprised to see they were right here at home. I like to keep my cash spent locally usually, to support the local economy. But the soecific layout I wanted didn't afford me that option. As I said, I will buy the next set up from them. Heck I might even ask if I can pick it up there. If not, I can't see it taking too long to come an hour away ;)

B.B. I know I am getting greedy, but whats your thoughts on the big Englander as you have in my addition? 750sf. but will have two doorway openings to the main house.
I looked at the small & mid size 24 ithin it was. They seem so small as far as fire box goes, and I would rather fill it and let it go for longer.
Any thoughts? Would I seriously be boiling myself out? keep in mind the two access doorways to the main house. The addition is 1 story w/ 10' ceilings. Main house 2 story.

Hogwildz said:
B.B. I know I am getting greedy, but whats your thoughts on the big Englander as you have in my addition? 750sf. but will have two doorway openings to the main house.
I looked at the small & mid size 24 ithin it was. They seem so small as far as fire box goes, and I would rather fill it and let it go for longer.
Any thoughts? Would I seriously be boiling myself out? keep in mind the two access doorways to the main house. The addition is 1 story w/ 10' ceilings. Main house 2 story.

I just got the replacement stove installed today. This install with that stove in this fireplace is a bear. The liner had to be jacked up. Done it twice now. Last week I would have said it would be too much stove for what you want to do. Today I am not so sure. The other one was a beast. It appears that a lot of that was because of the door sealing problem. This one appears much easier to gear down. I need to get a few more days of use with it to really tell ya. Let me get a few longer burns with it under my belt. I really like big ass fireboxes in my stoves.

I can tell ya that this house is warm again for the first time in a week.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

I just got the replacement stove installed today. This install with that stove in this fireplace is a bear. The liner had to be jacked up. Done it twice now. Last week I would have said it would be too much stove for what you want to do. Today I am not so sure. The other one was a beast. It appears that a lot of that was because of the door sealing problem. This one appears much easier to gear down. I need to get a few more days of use with it to really tell ya. Let me get a few longer burns with it under my belt. I really like big ass fireboxes in my stoves.

I can tell ya that this house is warm again for the first time in a week.
Sounds like a plan. Keep me posted. I like the larger fireboxes also. I don't want to fiddle with adding wood every hour. Too many projects going on to stop that often.
I do have enough sliders to crack open if it does get too hot. And I would be usiing this freestanding with no fireplace to wrestle with. Let me know your thoughts when you got it down and have some input.
Thanks

Chimney liner depot. delivery in about 4 days. my buddy did the same. They sell on ebay as well. decent to deal with. I ended up ordering another piece (offset ) from them as well. only brought my stove out about 6 inches but that makes me happy. My liner was 30 feet , 8 inch and was 500-600 delivered. it came in two pieces because of the size. the 6 inch should be one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.