Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Since my weight is headed in the wrong direction, I'll get behind the push mower for some weight reduction today, 207.6 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get more firewood in for the neighbors, that will also help.

Made a stand to wash and maintain my bike. They sell free standing bike stands and bench mounted ones. I wanted one that wouldn’t not take up a lot of room and was portable. Kinda nailed it, mind you there will be a 2.0 version from what I learned making this one. FYI, utility marking paint doesn’t like to stick to appliance paint.
Not sure if I’d repeat the pinch fit on the saddle frame or fab up a clamp? I’m open to thoughts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Made a stand to wash and maintain my bike. They sell free standing bike stands and bench mounted ones. I wanted one that wouldn’t not take up a lot of room and was portable. Kinda nailed it, mind you there will be a 2.0 version from what I learned making this one. FYI, utility marking paint doesn’t like to stick to appliance paint.
Not sure if I’d repeat the pinch fit on the saddle frame or fab up a clamp? I’m open to thoughts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice stand 30WCF, I'm sure you'll come up with an idea to make it better.

I'm finally back at 206 this morning, hopefully by Sunday morning I'm at 205 or below. Today will be another day with the push mower so that will help some, hopefully it's the last day with it until next year.

Reactions: 30WCF
You mow about every day don’t you?
It seems like I do, especially this year with all the rain. Hopefully I'm done with the mowing but I'm thinking certain areas will get mowed 1 more time before I call it a year.

Not much of a weight loss but this morning I weighed 205.6.

You mow about every day don’t you?
Today after doing a few small jobs in the morning, I decided that my truck would get washed, I did it twice along with the tonneau cover getting some protectant on it, hopefully that knocks off half a pound or more.

Not much of a weight loss but I'll take it, 204.8 this morning. Either by the end of this month or the end of the first week of October, I'll keep my weight in a certain range that I haven't determined yet.

Last winter I think the heaviest I weighed was 218, hopefully I don't go over that.

175 this morning.
After a rather solid meal at friends yesterday evening.

10 lbs and you’ll be neck and neck with me.
200 would be the lowest weight that I might go after, I won't go after another 10. I'm still 14 pounds or so under my highest weight from last winter, I'll take that.

I have had the impression last winter when I was going down (started before Thanksgiving) that I was more often cold.
Curious if that'll be the case this winter or not.
I.e. whether it was the lower calorie intake or because of the lower amount of "insulation"...

Good my wood is dry :)

Reactions: thewoodlands
Loosed fitting clothes is better insulation than tight clothes too.

Went for a little ride today and was 189 when I got back. Then dinner, then snacks. 5 weeks till elk season and I’m eating Fritos at midnight.

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

Everybody eats fritos at midnight--lol---your doing great with your weight reduction--try some cottage cheese mixed with some fruit and that will help you eat less fritos--your after the salt taste and dip at night time...maybe eat a small amount of your dry cereal with 2% milk --but very little sugar--heck get a half of banana and put it in for the potassium and sl maybe wear a cotton tee shirt with a flannel shirt on top and a jacket of some kind to stay warm with some heavy duty cotton socks.
From adopted grandma clancey---lol...Doing wonderful...clancey

Last edited:
Just a after thought here sl. When I was younger ---long ago---I weighed 163 pounds and decided to go on a diet for I was thirty pounds too much-ugh...I went through my old diaries to see what I did and when I lost that weight I was always cold even in the fall. So what I did was take a multi vitamin one time a day and cooked "Liver" with plenty of onions--because I hate the taste of liver but this really helped quite a bit and I had it at least twice a month and this really helped with keeping me having a warm feeling instead of being chilly all the time. I hope this suggestion can help you. clancey

Lol, I just put my thermostat (stove or minisplit) higher :p

Thanks though, for the advice.

Reactions: clancey
It’s a slippery slope though .
Mine was never Fritos but worse, M & M's with glasses of milk at night.....two bowls of M & M's. I ditched that very bad habit with a bunch of pounds.