Waterford Trinity MKII

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristenl2784

Dec 17, 2016
NH
Hello-

I just purchased a house and it came with a Waterford Trinity MKII wood stove. It has two outlets on it the flue at the top and at the bottom is what I assume is an air inlet vent as I can turn a knob to open and close it. I'm not to sure what it does. I went to start a fire this morning and the smoke came right out of the bottom air vent. It was like damper was closed on the wood stove. But I can't find a damper knob anywhere on the wood stove. There's an ash box lever and the lever for the air inlet vent at the bottom. I'm wondering if anyone may know if there's something missing where the air inlet vent is... maybe a cap or a blower of some sorts. Any info would help. I found instructions on the wood stove but it didn't help me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.