Water leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Anybody had issues with water leaking in through their wall thimbal? Mine is fully sealed outside with silicone around the house connection and then high heat silicone around the pipe. I have snow and ice melting off roof and hitting pipe and it's somehow getting inside of thimbal and leaking through the clamp inside. So sòmehow it's following pipe inside with no signs outside

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Ya was wondering that. Just came from a week of -20 to +5 today. Maby condensation froze up in their during the cold...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Do you have the thimble type that has fresh air intake built into it? If so I would suspect the intake frosted up and now is melting with increased temps