Warped Air Chamber baffle - Jotul F602 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trinity

Feb 1, 2019
Pennsylvania
The front right side of the air chamber baffle on my Jotul F602 CB is slightly warped. I can't tell is it is the entire air chamber baffle or just the plate that is screwed to the baffle.

I have had the stove for 4 years and I know I over fired it 1x and that's when I think this happened. It's only the very front corner and warped about 3/4 inch.

Is this part difficult to replace ? And where would be the best place to get the part ?

Thank You

Last edited:
My warped/straightened baffle lasted for a few years. I think it was last year that it actually fell apart and I had to buy a new one. Replacement is pretty straightforward, assuming that the 3(?) bolts that hold it on aren't too corroded (I think the first time I took it apart I had to drill one out). It's much less likely that the cast iron baffle is warped, it's almost certainly the SS air chamber. That said, even after replacement and a total rebuild of the stove, I don't get much of a secondary burn. I think these things burn pretty hot/efficiently, and there just isn't much to reburn. I get no smoke from the stack once the fire gets going, which is different from my old 602.

EDIT: If you buy new, the whole air chamber comes as one part. Also check out my rebuild thread to see how everything fits together.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/jotul-f602-n-cb-partial-rebuild.165128/#post-2214278

Last edited: