Warm weather fishing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Heres a pick of the boat. Went out yesterday, with the warm temps, but the water temps in the upper 40's still. I can't remember a time it was this warm in march to allow shorts and a tee out on the water.

Warm weather fishing

I guess whatever it is you're fishing for has no problem with RED. :D Nice rig, have fun, hope they bite for ya. (you need a red truck) Rick

About that " red" color..... It was either black or red, wife said red. Not gonna argue with that. I say that the hybrid stripers think its a giant blood worm. Or when its time to enjoy some floating parties, friends can find me no problem. Be well

Very nice rig! What species of bass do you fish for?

We got out Sunday. We are usually still sitting on 5 gal. pails this time of year!!! Did more blastin around than anything. Temps were close to 70ºF, But with the water so cold we had to wear jackets(Or was it wind chill from speed??). If the temps stay this warm, It won't be long and the water will be in the 60's. I don't have my electronics in yet, But guessing water was in the 40's. Couldn't keep you hand in too long! LM Bass were sluggish. Had a few short strikes, But the trout guys were killing them. We'll hit it again Saturday. Next week might hit the pike lake?

Water temp was around 50 overall, and reached 54 in the shallows, where I hoped to target large and smallmouth bass. Knowing the cold water temps, I used plastics nice and slow, w/o any luck. The lake I was fishing is a big bass lake. Among the bass species, I have successfully pulled out plenty of hybrid stripers, walleye, pickeral, crappie, and a tiger muskie. This is my third season with the boat, and with this warm stretch, I had to get it out. Looks like next week it will be lighting the stove for the overnight hours. Be well, and remember, a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

We'll have to post some lunker pictures. Seems we have a few green and brown fish chasers here! ;)

Very nice boat Backwoods ! +1 to the hearth tournament.

Pete

I'm itchin fer the walleye season......I can smell that fish cooking as I write this post......:p Nice boat, BW. And that new Ford looks nice pulling that rig, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.