Vertical read stove top thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Hearth Supporter
Dec 31, 2007
I swore I could remember seeing this somewhere last year, I searched all over the forums and google and can't find it. Does anyone know of a stovetop thermometer that reads vertically, ie if it's sitting flat on my stovetop, the numbers face the same way as the one on the stove pipe? And yes, this is purely so I can read it from the couch...I confess

Never seen one but whoever invents it will make a fortune. One person a while back had a oven thermo sitting on their stove but that doesn't work.

BrotherBart said:
Never seen one but whoever invents it will make a fortune. One person a while back had a oven thermo sitting on their stove but that doesn't work.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of, maybe we can find a way to glue a heat resistant mirror at a right angle to a regular thermo...

Put your couch on the wall and look down on the thermo.

Think outside teh box, kids!! :lol:

SPED said:
BrotherBart said:

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of, maybe we can find a way to glue a heat resistant mirror at a right angle to a regular thermo...

If it's at a right angle then all you would see is your own face. You would need to put the mirror at a 45 degree angle and that's way harder. Oh yes, I've wished for this too. You could even make one of those meters that has a tube of liquid and all the floaty balls with temps on them. How cool.

Highbeam said:
If it's at a right angle then all you would see is your own face.

That's a good point and I already know how hot that is er cold i guess... lol

How about 5 remote reading ones, one for each corner of the stovetop and one for the stove pipe. The results would be sent to a remote/display in your pocket, which would also have an air control. I mean as long as we're shooting the moon might as well do it right!

Infrared Thermometer?

If I didn't get up from the couch then I wouldn't cosume as much beer. Oh the horor of that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.