Vermont Castings Scrap..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manoadventure

Mar 1, 2019
Helen GA
I’m getting rid of my current wood stove and would like some advice first. I have no way to move the stove and would like to post it around and see if anyone in my area would be interested in taking it (hopefully loading and hauling it themselves) but not sure what it is worth either for reuse or scrap. Any ideas? I believe it is a 75’

Attachments

• 3066A12B-504B-4D56-B42B-CD716815AF8B.jpeg
    3066A12B-504B-4D56-B42B-CD716815AF8B.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 208
I’m getting rid of my current wood stove and would like some advice first. I have no way to move the stove and would like to post it around and see if anyone in my area would be interested in taking it (hopefully loading and hauling it themselves) but not sure what it is worth either for reuse or scrap. Any ideas? I believe it is a 75’
List it for sale for $100 to $150 someone might want it

For some reason people still have an attachment to these old stoves. I assume the fireback is shot, and assuming it’s not cracked it’s probably worth around $200 to someone.

The parts still have value. I'm moving this to the old VC thread. Maybe someone there will need it.