Venting under Overhang

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarem

Hearth Supporter
Jul 20, 2008
Central PA
I want to do an up and out install with pellet vent pro. The rise in the house would be about 7' then out to the cap. The cap would be located approximately 2 to 3 feet under the roof overhang. Would this cause any troubles? My home is a contemporary style house, so the stove will be installed in a great room with ceiling heights of 12 to 25 feet.

I would not do that, especially if the soffit is vented.

My install comes straight out....then up about 8' and then out a lil bit with a dryer type cap that they put on with install. Its on the side of my cape....so dont worry about the soffit vents etc. I had installed in the middle of last winter.....so far so good....no stains/soot etc. If you were straight out the wall and capped i would then worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.