VC Encore NC (everburn): anyone actually happy with theirs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

heffergm

Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2009
South Shore, MA
So I'll preface this by saying I bought one and it'll be installed shortly. Suffice to say after reading a lot of posts here, I'm second guessing the purchase, but I can't do anything about that at this point.

So rather than worry about it, I'll hope for the best and see if I can't get the bugger to do my bidding. That said, anyone here have one that actually likes it, or at the very least doesn't want to toss it into the bottom of the nearest lake?

I have a dutchwest with the everburn, works great for me, just a couple of things youll need, dry wood, good chimney, and a diploma from the third grade. Seriously, they work fine. Im sure you will enjoy it

Hanko said:
I have a dutchwest with the everburn, works great for me, just a couple of things youll need, dry wood, good chimney, and a diploma from the third grade. Seriou sly, they work fine. Im sure you will enjoy it

Dry wood.... Check. Good chimney.... I'll have 25' of stove pipe going through a masonry chimney (hearth install). 3rd grade diploma... crap :(

The posts made me have second thoughts about mine, but last winter the unit ran great, provided good heat and looks great. Like anything, it takes some time to understand how best to run the stove with your set-up and wood. I thought I would try and sell it this summer and move to a different stove, but there really is no reason. It works as designed and will stay as long as it does so. Enjoy it.

this is my second year burning a encore nc, i love it, took awhile to learn it but well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.