VC Defiant 1945 Rebuild or Buy New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Decided to go with the Englander 30. Will have to add some brick to the existing pad. Hopefully will not be a issue.

Called a reputable dealer of wood stoves to see what they offered. I guess they don't need any business because they never get back with us. These big box stores aren't so bad after all, stove ordered and will be in next week. Done deal. Almost. Will follow up on how it is after we install it.

Thank you for all of the advice.

Decided to go with the Englander 30. Will have to add some brick to the existing pad. Hopefully will not be a issue.

Called a reputable dealer of wood stoves to see what they offered. I guess they don't need any business because they never get back with us. These big box stores aren't so bad after all, stove ordered and will be in next week. Done deal. Almost. Will follow up on how it is after we install it.

Thank you for all of the advice.
Congratulations
Based on opinions and comments of some members here, you will not be disappointed! Very strong heater I hear. Plus, dollar for dollar.....great value.

Does the current hearth meets the R =1.5 requirement?