USSC Stove Model 6041 TP Auger Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BarkBoy

Jan 27, 2021
PA
So I recieved the above stove and the Auger was not turning, after some research I assume it was a bad motor. I just recieved it but forgot the hairpin that goes into the motor shaft, does anyone know the size pin that goes in the shaft. Looking inside the stove i didnt see a sheard pin or anything from the old motor, I did take off the cover from the motor and it looked like some old pellets were jammed up in the auger (which I cleaned out)

Not a big deal but out right now and was going to grab one if anyone has the size of the pin handy. Hopefully this fixes the issue and shes back up and running

I don't have a 6041, but I do have an Ashley (made by USSC) AP5790, and by shear luck (no pun intended) I broke mine the other day. I am in the process of ordering a new one (along with gaskets, etc.) , but I would think something as simple as an auger clip would be the same throughout their lineup.

With the pin lying flat, it is 2" long, the ring (part where you put your finger in) is 1" round, and the part of the clip where the "bump" is - where it goes around the auger shaft- is 1/4".

The clip diameter is 1/8".

If that doesn't make any sense, here is a picture of the broken clip- just imagine the bottom piece extending straight out to end even with the upper part that curls up.

IMG_0254.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BarkBoy
I don't have a 6041, but I do have an Ashley (made by USSC) AP5790, and by shear luck (no pun intended) I broke mine the other day. I am in the process of ordering a new one (along with gaskets, etc.) , but I would think something as simple as an auger clip would be the same throughout their lineup.

With the pin lying flat, it is 2" long, the ring (part where you put your finger in) is 1" round, and the part of the clip where the "bump" is - where it goes around the auger shaft- is 1/4".

The clip diameter is 1/8".

If that doesn't make any sense, here is a picture of the broken clip- just imagine the bottom piece extending straight out to end even with the upper part that curls up.

View attachment 272992
I appreciate the response, I was more or less looking for the size of the diameter of the clip that fits in the hole. I ended up buying 2 of them and they seem to fit a little loose in the hole on the shaft of the motor.....I figure if its not snug there will be too much play and it will eventually break the pin. Ill just have to bring the motor with me. Appreciate the photo

Go to your local Tractor supply and buy a bag for a couple bucks. It's a hitch spring clip for retaining hitch pins when pulling farm implements behind a tractor.. I have dozens in the farm shop. Most all the components, clips, pins, etc., in the USSC units are farm related components.

Go to your local Tractor supply and buy a bag for a couple bucks. It's a hitch spring clip for retaining hitch pins when pulling farm implements behind a tractor.. I have dozens in the farm shop. Most all the components, clips, pins, etc., in the USSC units are farm related components.

Thanks, Thats just what I did, can never have to many

I actually buy mine in bulk from McMaster-Carr. I use them in the assembly of one of my Flipmeisters products. Have hundreds of them here.